We are currently not accepting applications for the position of Police Officer.
SLEO Class III:
POSITION: Special Law Enforcement Officer – Class III
POSTING DATE: 06/10/2022
CLOSING DATE: 07/05/2022 @ 5:00 pm (Eastern)
JOB TYPE: Part-Time
UNION AFFILIATION: Non-Union
HOURLY PAY RATE: $40.00
The Bridgewater Township Police Department is currently accepting applications for a Class III Special Police Officer position. These officers will be assigned to various schools in Bridgewater where they will perform safety and security duties. Assignments will be for approximately 30 hours per week when schools are in session.
Applicants must possess the following qualifications:
• Must be a retired law enforcement officer less than 65 years of age, who served as a duly qualified, full-time law enforcement officer in any municipality, county, agency of this state, bi-state agency, or federal agency, and must be living in New Jersey.
• Must be retired from that agency in good standing (necessary to have a letter of good standing issued by the agency from which officer retired, listing the date and type of retirement. A copy will be submitted to the PTC). Officers retired more than 3 years will be required to complete the Basic Course for Police Officer, waiver for Physical Conditioning and Defensive Tactics will be granted.
• Must be less than 65 years of age for appointment.
• Must successfully pass a medical exam, drug test, psychological exam, and background investigation.
• Must be physically capable of performing the functions of the position, determined in accordance with the Police Training Commission.
• Must possess a New Jersey Police Training Commission Basic Police Officer Certification or New Jersey Police Academy Certification.
• Must possess a valid New Jersey drivers license.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit a resume and a fully completed employment application to policeapp.com, no later than 5:00 pm on 07/05/2022. Please put “SLEO” in the subject line of the email.
The employment application is available at: https://www.bridgewaternj.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Bridgewater-Township-Employee-Application_2019.11.20.pdf
For questions concerning this position, you may contact Captain Kevin Tennant at email@example.com or (908) 722-4111, extension 4160.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Records Clerk / Support Services:
We are currently not accepting applications for the position of Records Clerk / Support Services.
The Township of Bridgewater has immediate openings for on call School Crossing Guards. Positions may be located at various locations in Bridgewater and are from 8:00 am – 9:00 am and from 2:45 pm – 3:45 pm. Hourly rate is $15.00 per hour. If interested please call Human Resources at 908-725-6300, Extension 5045 to receive an application or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org